How do I get my deleted text messaging app back?
KamenWeaver

My friend's Razr Maxx somehow deleted the factory text message app and moved all of his texting to Hangouts. How can he get the app back without doing a factory reset? I can't seem to find it in the play store.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get my deleted text messaging app back?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you mean the stock messaging app, it's likely still on the phone, but not set as the default.  If you go to Settings, Applications, Default apps, and tap on Messaging, you should be able to select the stock app instead of Hangouts as the default.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you mean the stock messaging app, it's likely still on the phone, but not set as the default.  If you go to Settings, Applications, Default apps, and tap on Messaging, you should be able to select the stock app instead of Hangouts as the default.

0 Likes
G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

@KamenWeaver Go into Settings on your phone, then there should be a "More..." option at the bottom of the Wireless Networks settings.  Click on More then there should be an option for "Default message app".  That should allow you to change your default messaging app back to the original setup instead of the Message+ or Hangouts

0 Likes