How do I get my device to connect to our home wi-fi?
Scout343
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have a Razr Maxx.  A few months back the wifi would not connect only at our home.  Outside, it would connect to other available wifi resources.  We contacted Verizon.  They say contact our ISP..We have a DSL line with HawaiianTel.  They walk us through the whole modem/wireless router setup/reset.  My Droid Ultra has no problem connecting to the wifi at home.  The Razr Maxx still wont connect saying that the password entered is incorrect.  HawaiianTel sends us a new modem/wireless router.  We set it up.  Laptops in home connect with no problem.  My Droid Ultra connects...no problem.  Razr Maxx??  Big problem.  It "sees" the connection but says password incorrect.  We contact Verizon.  They are clueless.  They put us in contact with Motorola Tech Support.  They do an over the air connect to the phone.  They, too, go through all procedure and cannot connect.  They say to mail them the phone.  A few weeks later the phone returns.  A note says hardware change.  I, personally, take out the internet connection already existing at home and redo all.  Everything connects.  Raxr Maxx...no connect.  I keep trying for an hour.  All of a sudden....success!!  Wifi available and connected.  Everything good.  Last night, 1-22-14, the Raxr Maxx shows no wifi.  We go through everything.  All laptops enjoying great connection.  Droid Ultra has great connection.  Razr Maxx goes on a trip away from home today.  It connects to other wifi.  What the heck is going on?  Can anyone answer this?  We are using Windows 7 Home Premium.  The wireless Network Adapter is a RealTek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN Adapter.  The Modem is a Motorola modem with built in wireless.  It is a DSL connection. We are using WPA2/Personal  for secure access.  All other devices in the home can connect.  The Raze Maxx sees the wifi connection and others,,,but will not connect.  I challenge all you supertechs with this one.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Wifi password incorrect". Authenticating......PROBLEMS!!! Our Razr M is crazy!
Montel2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone on a different wiFi thread suggest this:

"I had the same issue. After receiving a replacement phone that did the EXACT SAME thing, I dug a little deeper. I had already scoured the discussion boards and not seen the fix. Then on a whim, we tried going to Motorola website. Come to find out, Motorola KNOWS of the issue. It is a compatability issue with Realtek wireless adapters on VISTA, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 The fix is simple. Google realtek adapter and download the latest driver for your operating system. Windows 8 is from 1-15-14 I believe. Then you might have to change the settings on your adapter in the connections center of your computer to b/g not b/g/n. reboot and try. So far so good on mine."

I have no idea if this will help, just passing on what i read.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: "Wifi password incorrect". Authenticating......PROBLEMS!!! Our Razr M is crazy!
Scout343
Enthusiast - Level 1

Uh..people...my bad.  I posted this here because I was told the phone is a Razr Maxx.  It is actually a Razr M.  I apologize for the error.  Still can anyone help?  I saw on the Razr  M postings that others are experiencing this also.

0 Likes
Montel2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone on a different wiFi thread suggest this:

"I had the same issue. After receiving a replacement phone that did the EXACT SAME thing, I dug a little deeper. I had already scoured the discussion boards and not seen the fix. Then on a whim, we tried going to Motorola website. Come to find out, Motorola KNOWS of the issue. It is a compatability issue with Realtek wireless adapters on VISTA, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 The fix is simple. Google realtek adapter and download the latest driver for your operating system. Windows 8 is from 1-15-14 I believe. Then you might have to change the settings on your adapter in the connections center of your computer to b/g not b/g/n. reboot and try. So far so good on mine."

I have no idea if this will help, just passing on what i read.

0 Likes