How do I get my photos to download in chronological order?
Garry2811

I am downloading pictures to my computer and they download out of chronologic sequence. How can you keep them in sequence?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloading pictures to computer. They download out of chronoligic sequence. How to keep them in sequence?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the folder you are downloading them or storing them, sort by date?  Though if they all come in with the same date as the download, then that wouldn't work.  Typically the photos are named with the date in the file name, so there may be a way to sort by that as well.

The date the photo was taken is usually encoded into the file.  Some photo editing or storage programs may have an option in that program to sort by date taken.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Downloading pictures to computer. They download out of chronoligic sequence. How to keep them in sequence?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the folder you are downloading them or storing them, sort by date?  Though if they all come in with the same date as the download, then that wouldn't work.  Typically the photos are named with the date in the file name, so there may be a way to sort by that as well.

The date the photo was taken is usually encoded into the file.  Some photo editing or storage programs may have an option in that program to sort by date taken.

0 Likes