How do I get my text messaging to start working?
Heyma55

Since last week my text message program hasn't been working right.  I have a Motorola Razr Maxx and never had an issue before, but late last week I started to sporadically get a pop-up that says "We're sorry, text message has stopped working".  On Friday I had to go to the Verizon store because the text messaging icon disappeared from my screen.

Today I received what I assume is a group message from my brother, and it's been downloading for hours with no progress.  I know that others in this forum have been experiencing the same problem, but does anyone else have issues with the messenger not working at all?

I've shut the phone off and rebooted; no change!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text message program stops working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, Heyma55. Can you please complete the following steps. Doing so will not erase your saved messages. Please go to Settings>Apps>Swipe left to ALL>Messaging>Clear Data. Afterwards, please restart your phone.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Heyma55 we'll get the messages flowing! Are you using the standard messaging app or a 3rd party? Has there been any changes to the device since this issue started such as software updates or new apps?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
Heyma55

There have been no changes to the phone that I know of; maybe automatic updates but that's it.  I use the standard messaging and that is what keeps shutting down.

I went to the Verizon store last week and the associate reset the messaging program and also did something to get the icon back onto my screen, but it still keeps giving me the "Unfortunately, messaging has stopped working" message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, Heyma55. Can you please complete the following steps. Doing so will not erase your saved messages. Please go to Settings>Apps>Swipe left to ALL>Messaging>Clear Data. Afterwards, please restart your phone.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes