How do I get rid of VZW starting when I plug My Razr Maxx into the PC?
penciltucky

I don't use Verizon for my sync's. Yet every time I plug my Razr Maxx into the computer via USB; Verizon automatically kicks on and freezes my PC.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on the PC. And Explorer 9. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get rid of VZW starting when I plug My Razr Maxx into the PC?
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello penciltucky,

The Razr Maxx is an excellent device with a wide range of features and functions! From it's impressive hardware materials to the super fast speeds that the 1.2 GHz dual processor and 4G LTE connectivity provides, the Droid Maxx is definitely a fan favorite! If you are trying to sync to your PC then may I ask what software are you trying to use? If you would like to turn off the default sync setting then you can right-click on the Motorola symbol in the system tray when the device is plugged in to the computer then select "Do nothing". This will allow you to proceed with the sync software that you are planning to use. Let me know if this works for you!

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
penciltucky

Dear ArnettH,

Thank you for the response. I am using Companion Link Software to sync with my Outlook and that software works really well. However, when I plug the Razr Maxx into the computer via USB I get an instant chirp (alert) and find my PC trying to open a Verizon page. That page nwver opens and freezes the computer. There is no Motorola icon anywhere to be found. 

Any other suggestions?

Penciltucky

0 Likes
penciltucky

ArnettH,

Upon re-trying the plug-in of my phone to the PC, I did find the Icon that allows me to tell the PC to do nothing. But it is a Cell phone icon, not a motorola icon. And, my PC still locks freezes. Is there a setting inside my phone I need to change?

Penciltucky

0 Likes