How do I recover photos and videos from an encrypted Turbo with a blank screen?
harvesterguy

So I busted the screen on my Turbo and cannot login with the encryption password as the screen is black.  Is it possible to recover photos and video?  If this thing only had a sd card this wouldn't be a issue.  Thanks for any advice.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recover photos/video from encrypted Turbo with blank screen?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone is encrypted and requires a password before it can be booted, the only way to resolve this will involve spending some money, unfortunately. The two options you can try:

1. Using an OTG Cable, connect a PC keyboard to your phone and power it on. Give the phone a few seconds to boot. Enter your encryption password, and hit Enter. See if the phone gives any signs of the OS booting in. Once booted, use the Keyboard again to unlock the phone, and then quickly switch the USB connection to a PC, to allow for accessing your data.
  2. Take the phone to a place to repair your screen. This will be the most expensive, but re-usable option. What I mean is, once repaired, the phone is able to be used, and eventually sold to another person for use. This will allow you to unlock your phone's internal storage and retrieve all data reliably.

Hope this helps. Most phones will not bring up the USB port until they have been unlocked, or until booted into recovery and re-flashed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

harvesterguy, sorry to hear bout your blank screen, that is a reall bummer. Having a non working screen is a challenge for recovery as well. When you plug your phone into your computer are you able to access your photos there? Have you used our cloud backup for any of your photos or videos?  This http://vz.to/1eXotRV would be one way you could recover anything that may have been saved automatically.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

harvesterguy,

I am not a fan of damaged devices. I have had a damaged phone before too. It's vital to be able to save your photos and videos. Let's pull up our sleeves and look into retrieving your information. Help is here. Is there any damage to the charging port? Have you tried to connect your Turbo to a computer with a USB cable?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone is encrypted and requires a password before it can be booted, the only way to resolve this will involve spending some money, unfortunately. The two options you can try:

1. Using an OTG Cable, connect a PC keyboard to your phone and power it on. Give the phone a few seconds to boot. Enter your encryption password, and hit Enter. See if the phone gives any signs of the OS booting in. Once booted, use the Keyboard again to unlock the phone, and then quickly switch the USB connection to a PC, to allow for accessing your data.
  2. Take the phone to a place to repair your screen. This will be the most expensive, but re-usable option. What I mean is, once repaired, the phone is able to be used, and eventually sold to another person for use. This will allow you to unlock your phone's internal storage and retrieve all data reliably.

Hope this helps. Most phones will not bring up the USB port until they have been unlocked, or until booted into recovery and re-flashed.

0 Likes