How do I set a default e-mail account?
tnash01

How do I set the default account for sending email using the Android Email App so that I don't have to select the one that I want each time I create a new email? I currently have five email accounts. My Gmail account is listed first in the Email App settings menu and is selected as the sending account each time I create a new email. I then have to manually select the appropriate account - if I remember to do it. I would like the app to automatically select a specific account other than the Gmail/first account in the list.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Set default sending account for Moto Turbo email
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

First off, you should have the Gmail accounts in the Gmail application instead of the Email application. The first account you setup is usually the account that the application thinks is the "default" account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

First off, you should have the Gmail accounts in the Gmail application instead of the Email application. The first account you setup is usually the account that the application thinks is the "default" account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

every account you setup as an email account will ask if you want to designate it the default app.

as ann154 mentioned, i have gmail in the gmail app & 2 cox imap accounts(1 is designated default) & yahoo mail thru the yahoo app.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Let's look in to your email setting concerns. The previous community members provided great suggestions. However, I have an additional question. Which 5 email accounts are you referring to? To download the appropriate email application visit:Google Play .

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes