How do I set my "home" screen to the middle pane?
Michiganmallard

I can add additional panes but all panes are to the 'right'.  I'd like to set my home screen so that I can swipe one pane left and one pane right from the home pane.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I set my "home" screen to the middle pane?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pressing the Home key will always take you to the far left-hand screen and it can't be changed unless you use a different launcher (from the Play Store).  You could reorder the panels by long-pressing an empty space on a home screen and then sliding the panels to whatever position you want them.

0 Likes
Michiganmallard

Is this a droid turbo thing?  My last two phones I could create new panes the same way (either by dragging an app icon beyond an existing pane, or by tap & hold on a blank spot on any pane) but I could select which one would be 'home'.  This allowed me to swipe both directions from home to access pages like one left & one right instead of multiple swipes one direction.

What I find odd, is that I always set a photo as my wallpaper.  The center of that photo is the far left "home" pane so I can swipe right continuously (not sure how many panes, I stopped at 6 to the right) and it only slows how far the picture shifts with each pane, meaning the far right of the picture is always the furthest right pane.  Since the photo's center is the far left pane it seems logical there is a way to access to the left... or wouldn't it recenter the phone to the number of panes?  Feels like there has to be a way to change this, if not it will be a significant annoyance.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd say it's more a 'close to pure Android thing' since Motorola doesn't add much 'extra' to the phone's OS like others do on theirs (for example, you can make the 'center' panel the 'home' panel on a Samsung).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can have one panel to the left if one activates the Google Now Launcher which makes the Google Now items on the farthest left screen. The home screen is then the second screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DroidT2User

I am using Nova Launcher and it allows you to add multiple blank screens/panes and change the home screen/pane

0 Likes