How do I set the default email on a Droid Turbo?
hhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have 2 email accounts set up under email, but how can i make one the default should i want to send something that requires email from the account that i want as default??

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i set the default email in turbo?
hhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

so you say to just delete both accts. and re-add them but add the main one that i want first? and the 2nd. acct. last?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hhj

I definitely want to make sure you can send email correctly every time! Let's work on this together. Just to make sure, you're using the pre-installed Email app with two different email accounts added to the same app? Are you looking to set a default account or switch between which account you're replying from?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes that is correct, that is what i am using w/the two email accounts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it, hhj. Currently when you choose to send or reply to an email, does it offer a pop up window asking if you wish to send through your GMail, or your other Email inbox?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

sometimes, but say, i want to send a picture via email, the wrong email address that i want it sent from always appears, i was just wondering if there was a way to set a default or primary email for those types of things?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a fellow Turbo owner, I have to say that's a great question! I actually have two email accounts as well (Hotmail Gmail), and my Hotmail is the primary. Curious: Are either of your email accounts Gmail? Have you tried discontinuing either of them, and then readding?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
hhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

no, one is verizon and the other is yahoo (a second acct.), the main yahoo is already using the yahoo mail app for android

0 Likes
hhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

so you say to just delete both accts. and re-add them but add the main one that i want first? and the 2nd. acct. last?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try that. However there should be an option within the Email application to set the default account.

Let me check on my current phone.....

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Okay I couldn't find any way to set the default account for sending email in the Email application. However I did notice that it does default to the right account when I share a picture via my Email application. I do recall adding my main account first and then my second. Even if they were flipped, you can change the account in the compose screen by selecting the other account in the drop down menu hidden under the email account name.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes