How do I set up speed dial on my droid turbo
jlzacks
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I set up speed dial on my new Motorola Droid Turbo?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I set up speed dial on my droid turbo
B33
Legend

Yup what I was missing I was not selecting the Contact and that is what you have to do to finish the process of saving it to get it to Direct Dial,  sorry for getting a little slower figuring this fun stuff out comes with getting older and stubbornness . lol lol  b

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could use Direct Dial widgets, i.e.,

Add a Speed Dial - DROID TURBO by Motorola

jlzacks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion.  In fact, I have already done that.  What I wanted to know was how to populate the button that you see when you push the phone icon.  It takes me to a screen that has a button at the top left that says "Speed Dial" and one on the top right that says "ALL CONTACTS".  The ALL CONTACTS button shows me my contacts below and I can select from them to place a call, but the "Speed Dial" button does not seem to be activated or populated.  So my question is how do I get my preferred contacts to be accessed by touching the Speed Dial button?  Or, is this just a remnant of something from the past?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

In your contact list, open a contact that you want on that Speed Dial tab.  You should see a star at the top; tap it.  That contact should now be in your Speed Dial tab.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

On the Droids Like my Maxx there is a Widget called Direct Dial in widgets in reading what it says from Moto Help Guides it says it can speed Dial your calls

Speed Dialing

Update Note: when using this feature it brings up the contacts when you press and hold it but when you close you contacts like with the home button it goes away if you want to use it again you have to go back and retrieve it from your widgets

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted in my earlier post, Direct Dial widgets can be placed on any home screen.  You also can have as many of them as you want to put on a screen.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well Miss   I tried doing that even tried putting the Widget in my calling Features circle the little boxes were you can group Widgets or Apps together but once I closed the contacts list it went away.. so unless you know how to extend or keep the widget on the home screen,  I'm kind of stuck were I'm at

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure why you're having issues; I've used multiple Direct Dial widgets on multiple phones with no problems.  Although I'm not sure what's meant by 'putting the widget in my calling features'.  The link in my earlier post provides the instructions, but basically, you long-press the Direct Dial widget ... while still holding it, you'll then be taken to your home screen where you can choose where you want to place the widget.  Once you've got it where you want it, you let go of the widget and then you're taken to your Contacts ... scroll through them to find the contact you want associated with the widget, then tap that contact.  You'll then be taken back to the home screen where you initially placed the widget, and it should list the contact that you chose in the earlier step.  The Direct Dial widget will then be on the home screen and associated with that contact until you decide to remove it.  And again, you can have as many Direct Dial widgets as you want/have room for on a home screen.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup what I was missing I was not selecting the Contact and that is what you have to do to finish the process of saving it to get it to Direct Dial,  sorry for getting a little slower figuring this fun stuff out comes with getting older and stubbornness . lol lol  b

0 Likes