How do I stop my device from vibrating and saying "Droid" when it turns on?
Deb2352

When I turn on my phone it vibrates and says "Droid". How do I shut that off?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I turn on my phone it vibrates and says "Droid". How do I shut that off?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can do it manually by putting the phone on Silent before turning it off.  It will then boot without the DROID voice.

There are also several apps in the playstore that  may or may not work for you: silent boot - Google Play

View solution in original post

Re: When I turn on my phone it vibrates and says "Droid". How do I shut that off?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can do it manually by putting the phone on Silent before turning it off.  It will then boot without the DROID voice.

There are also several apps in the playstore that  may or may not work for you: silent boot - Google Play

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Come on now, why would you want it to NOT say "Droid"? That was the best part of my droid incredible II. Pretty much the only good and consistent thing about it. ( :

Snn5
Legend

Some people work in audio or volume-sensitive environments and if the phone should randomly reboot at the wrong time, there could be consequences.  Also, after the Droid Razr Maxx was updated from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean the boot volume was reduced during the installation of the update since Motorola had received so many suggestions/complaints to reduce the volume given how loud it was and some people, believe it or not, find that sound scary. (think babies, nurseries, church, meetings, etc...)

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It was a rhetorical question, I assumed my snide comment about how that sound was the only thing that phone was good for drove that point home.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Syntax and tone inflection don't carry well over typed text versus spoken word.  We attempt to answer all questions here so questions that don't need an answer (rhetorical) can be confusing.  Emoticons can really help drive the intended point sometimes when "Snideness" is implied.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I put a smiley face after.

(:

d:

0:

😞

I never really liked the yellow head faces; unless it's a ninja.

0 Likes