How do I stop my e-mail app from draining my battery?
not

I have my factory email app linked to my yahoo account.  Has worked perfectly until 2 days before the OS update when it started having problems syncing properly.  After update it no longer misses emails (syncs emails in different order but does not miss emails completely) but now it is eating my battery. Overall battery life is down from normal and this app is the top user now at 26% usage instead of the usual less than 5%.  Tried a coupole basic things but I cannot figure out how to get it to clear this hiccup.  Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email power usage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest removing the email account from the phone and adding it back again. Sometimes the email server settings get disconnected from the server and it helps to start fresh.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

not-

I am glad to know the new software update has fixed the e-mail sync issue you had before. Your battery life is very important and we definitely want to ensure this does not become an issue. Do you have push on notifications for your e-mails? Is the auto sync enabled? This will use more battery life since it is constantly running in the background.  Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
not

I do not have “push” on for notifications as far as I can tell.  There is no option that says that in the settings.  The only notification selection I have is a check box that says “send notification when email arrives”.  I believe this is just to put the icon up when new email comes in when it syncs but if not I can uncheck.  For syncing, I have it set to sync every 15 min.  Both of these are set the same as in the past.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest removing the email account from the phone and adding it back again. Sometimes the email server settings get disconnected from the server and it helps to start fresh.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
not

Thanks

0 Likes