How do I tether/sync my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD to my Laptop? Preferably wirelessly.
Ebonly

My old phone (Motorola Droid X) had a function that you could wirelessly sync to any device that was DLNA (I think) capabilities.  I can't seem to find that on the Droid Razr MAXX HD and I do not have a cable to plug it into my laptop.  I made sure to buy a laptop that could tether/sync by blue tooth and DLNA (If that is write)  Someone please help.  I am totally confused and would like to get the music and stuff off my phone on my laptop without having to take the memory card out.Does anyone know how I would do this? or if it is even possible?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I tether/sync my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD to my Laptop? Preferably wirelessly.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Didn't you get a wall charger/USB cable with your phone?  You can connect the phone and laptop via the USB cable, wait for the drivers to load, then 'drag and drop' files.

0 Likes
Re: How do I tether/sync my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD to my Laptop? Preferably wirelessly.
Ebonly

Yes I did finally realize that the charger was a USB Cord so I am using

now........thank you for your assistance

0 Likes
dssguy2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to respond to your original post where you asked about your ability to transfer files,photos,music,etc. in/out of your phone without removing the SIM card. As "tikibar' stated above you can utilize the USB Charging cable to transfer these files. However there IS another option where you can transfer files Wirelessly as long as you have a wireless access point in your house and it may even be possible over the Internet itself. All you need to do is Install an Application on your Motorola Razr Maxx. The Application is called "WiFi Explorer Professional" and I use this application Personally and its Awesome, <Comments edited for spam per the ToS.>

<Comments removed as spam to comply with the .  Email address also removed for privacy.>

Hope this helps you out.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DrDavidEP
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are many apps out there that can help you out with this...

You can also use the bluetooth function on your device to transfer photos, videos, files and more from your device to another bluetooth enabled device.

Search in your verizon app store or the google play store for "wireless tether / wireless file transfer", etc., and you'll be on your way to what it is you are seeking before you know it!

Hope this helps, and I also hope this answer complies with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI:  Verizon started shutting down its app store last month and plans to remove the app from all compatible devices by March 27, 2013.

DrDavidEP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank God!  I never used it anyways  LOL  

0 Likes