How do I transfer pictures from my Droid Turbo to a PC?
hwhite627
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the original Motorola Droid Turbo. I am trying to transfer my photos from my phone to my external hard drive on my computer. When I connect my phone to the computer and I try to find my pictures it is only showing that I have 5GB of pictures when I really have 17GB that is actually on my phone. I am running out of space very quick and I only have 300 MB left. In the past I have just connected my phone and selected the pictures and drug them to the folder of my hard drive. I am wondering why the rest of my pictures are not showing up on the computer when connected. Is there something that I am doing wrong, or is there a setting that isn’t set correctly? Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to transfer pictures from my Droid Turbo to a PC?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Save the photos to Google drive, or One drive, or Picasa - you can then download them to your computer from there and delete them from your phone to free up space.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hwhite627,

Making sure you have space and can access your photos is very important and we understand wanting to get this resolved as soon as possible. It does appear you have done some of the things we would have suggested originally so we do appreciate trying those steps. It does appear that the Droid Turbo has a Mass Storage option which is used for situations just like this. You would want to go to Settings>Storage> Menu (3 dots in upper right corner) USB Computer Connection. You would want to make sure this is set when connecting to the computer to see if it then shows you all of the files on your device. Please give this a try and keep us posted on if this works or not.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hwhite627
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that and it still isn't working. I want to be able to save all of them and I'm worried about losing them. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Save the photos to Google drive, or One drive, or Picasa - you can then download them to your computer from there and delete them from your phone to free up space.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I absolutely understand wanting to have all your pictures stored away safely.  When you take a look in settings>storage how much space is the device saying that picture are taking up? By any chance gave you backed your pictures up to Verizon Cloud?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hwhite627
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! I was able to get Google drive go work for me! Not as easy to move pictures as it used to be in the past

0 Likes