How do I turn off incoming texts and call numbers showing in circle widget in Droid RazrM?
pgnlvr

I don't want my incoming text messages and phone calls showing in my circle widget on my RazrM. How do I turn this off? I have searched everywhere for a solution and can't find one!!!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I turn off incoming texts and call numbers showing in circle widget in Droid RazrM?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can completely understand the need for privacy, especially when someone can just glance over and read an oncoming message.

Pgnlvrvr, have you tried pressing and holding your finger on the Circle widget until you can move the widget either to a different home screen, or into the garbage bin?

That is the best way to hide or remove any unwanted widgets from your homescreen.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I turn off incoming texts and call numbers showing in circle widget in Droid RazrM?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place for assistance pgnlvr! No one wants to be alerted at an inconvenience time. Let's get this all taken care of for you. Are you using the stock messaging app? Just to clarify, is the My Cirle widget a 3rd party app? As you share the details then we can get both your phone calls & text silenced when incoming for you.

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pgnlvr

Hi!

I am using the stock messenger app that came with the phone.  The circle Widget is also the one that came with the phone. I haven't added any apps for either.

0 Likes
pgnlvr

Just to clarify...I don't wand the actual messages or numbers to show up. I keep the ringer silenced when I need to. I just don't want someone who might happen to be standing next to me to see what is being written in a message to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can completely understand the need for privacy, especially when someone can just glance over and read an oncoming message.

Pgnlvrvr, have you tried pressing and holding your finger on the Circle widget until you can move the widget either to a different home screen, or into the garbage bin?

That is the best way to hide or remove any unwanted widgets from your homescreen.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
pgnlvr

NicandroN_VZW,

Thank you for your reply. I could do that but then I wouldn't have a clock to glance at. I guess I want the best of both worlds. I know I hid these notifications of messages before but I got a different hone and went back to this one and can't remember how I did it.

Thank you

0 Likes