How do you change the default Home screen?
TheWraith119
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the Droid Turbo, is there a way to change the default Home screen from the left most panel to any other panel, especially the center panel?  I found this article from Verizon (View Home Screen Panels DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless) but when I try the instructions provided, it doesn't work.

Set Default Panel

Note The default panel appears when the Home icon is tapped.

1. Tap and hold the panel you want to be your Default Panel.
  2. Tap any empty space on the panel.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you change the default Home screen?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheWraith119, I know that this had confused me earlier with my new Turbo. From researching the concern as well as from the experience with the device these is no actual way to set a default panel. As well, panels without any widgets or content would be deleted. Being very familiar with Droid devices I understand exactly what you are attempting to with the panels, but we may be limited with the current Android software. However, you may be able to start adding widgets to first create and fill 5 panels and then rearrange them in the order in which you would prefer.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheWraith119,

I hope that you are enjoying the new phone. I want to make sure that we are able to get everything up to par with what you are looking to do. Are you trying to add certain applications to the main screen of the phone? Please provide me with some details. I hope to hear from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
TheWraith119
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want the phone to default to the 3rd panel in my Home screens instead of the first.  This way, I can swipe two or three panels in each direction and when I hit the Home button, the main default panel it returns to is the one in the middle of all the others.  Every other Android phone that I have had has worked this way until now, and all but one of those has been a Motorola Droid device.

Think of it like this (=Default Home panel, =All other Home panels):

Currently:

Want:     

Any time I drag the left-most panel to a different position, the panel that replaced it to the left becomes the default instead.

I hope that helps clear up any questions.

Thanks again!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheWraith119,

Thank you for that clarification. It really helps a lot! I know you were saying when you follow the instructions that they don't work. I was wondering if you are getting any error messages or if nothing is happening at all? How far can you get in the steps?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
TheWraith119
Enthusiast - Level 2

No error messages occur.  I can get to the screen to add widgets and additional panels.  If I tap and hold the panel I want to be my Default Panel. and then tap any empty space on the panel, nothing happens.  I have tried holding it for up to 10 seconds, releasing the panel, and then selecting a blank space on the panel and it just exits the panel and widget selection screen and goes to the panel I selected.  Additionally, if I press and hold I can drag the panel wherever I want, but no option to set it as default appears, and lifting my finger just drops it in the position of my choice, but that is all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheWraith119, I know that this had confused me earlier with my new Turbo. From researching the concern as well as from the experience with the device these is no actual way to set a default panel. As well, panels without any widgets or content would be deleted. Being very familiar with Droid devices I understand exactly what you are attempting to with the panels, but we may be limited with the current Android software. However, you may be able to start adding widgets to first create and fill 5 panels and then rearrange them in the order in which you would prefer.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
Gaittr
Enthusiast - Level 1

This drives me nuts. Why did they do this. Your only option is to download a launcher like dodol or nova.

0 Likes