How do you get the USB tether to work with my laptop?
beagator

I've followed the instructions below from Verizon and it does not work.  Any help?

Tethered Modem Connection - DROID TURBO by Motorola

[Device-Specific Instructions]

Note A Mobile Hotspot subscription is required to utilize the USB tethering feature. Refer to the My Verizon website or contact Verizon Wireless to add the appropriate feature.

1. Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
  2. From a Home screen, tap Apps Apps icon.
  3. Tap Settings Settings icon.
  4. From the WIRELESS AND NETWORKS section, tap More.
  5. Tap Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
  6. Tap USB tethering to enable or disable.
    Note You enable it with a blue check mark.
  7. Tap Bluetooth tethering to enable or disable.
    Note You enable it with a blue check mark.
  8. From the computer, launch a web browser.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do you get the USB tether to work with my laptop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

beagator, sorry to hear that you're having some troubles with using that feature, but we are here to help. Are you receiving any error messages or what seems to be going on when you attempt to tether? Also, in order for this feature to work you would have to be subscribed to a plan or feature that would include the hotspot. Are you aware of what plan you are on now and if you are subscribed to a mobile hotspot feature?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
beagator

No error messages on my phone.  On the laptop it shows a connection but it does not have internet access, it states limited.  You can see it connecting on the computer.  I utilize the hotspot feature all the time so I should have access to the tethering usb part too...right?  I have the more everything package with 10 gb of data.  Should it work directly without using one of the tethering app from google play?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

beagator,

Thanks for the details. The tethering portion of you phone should work without any additional applications. When you select the tethering option is just the option for USB tethering selected? Have you been able to tether the device successfully in the past? Are you able to connect with the mobile hotspot successfully?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes