How do you "schedule" a text message on the Droid Turbo with the VZW Message+ App?
DarkHawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long press isn't working on the most current version.... Is there another way to schedule a text or is my version broke (need an uninstall/reinstall)? I've made sure it's up to date on the app store

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you "schedule" a text message on the Droid Turbo with the VZW Message+ App?
DarkHawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rodney

This Verizon number was linked to an app on another device. WhatsApp and another app had the other device with this devices number as its cause it's a wifi only galaxy A50. My LG v60 thinkq won't play wardragons so using the A50 only for wardragons was a work around for that.
This fix, you need to make sure nothing like that is going on, secondary device/phone don't have your main number linked to any apps on it. The new Verizon messages added a similar feature so you can use multiple numbers on one device. Apparently this is the issue. So, 1) make sure your main number isn't logged into apps on another device(s) (have it use its own even if no service, Google won't let you use a Google voice number & you can't use an inactive Sim card number in their place to make wifi calls unless it's setup prior to turning off the sim's carrier's service). 2) if that doesn't fix it after a restart on your main device, uninstall the Verizon message+/messages app, turn off your phone, double check something like #1 still isn't an issue, restart the phone, reinstall the app. 3) reset all your themes, personalized ringtones, etc... 4) test it prior to 3, schedule a message to yourself or a good friend.
Hope this helps someone. Thanks Rodney.

~Jarett 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do you "schedule" a text message on the Droid Turbo with the VZW Message+ App?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DarkHawk, thanks so much for confirming those details for me. Please share with me what happens when you attempt to uninstall the software update? This should be in the settings>apps>messaging section. 

-Rodney

0 Likes
DarkHawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rodney

This Verizon number was linked to an app on another device. WhatsApp and another app had the other device with this devices number as its cause it's a wifi only galaxy A50. My LG v60 thinkq won't play wardragons so using the A50 only for wardragons was a work around for that.
This fix, you need to make sure nothing like that is going on, secondary device/phone don't have your main number linked to any apps on it. The new Verizon messages added a similar feature so you can use multiple numbers on one device. Apparently this is the issue. So, 1) make sure your main number isn't logged into apps on another device(s) (have it use its own even if no service, Google won't let you use a Google voice number & you can't use an inactive Sim card number in their place to make wifi calls unless it's setup prior to turning off the sim's carrier's service). 2) if that doesn't fix it after a restart on your main device, uninstall the Verizon message+/messages app, turn off your phone, double check something like #1 still isn't an issue, restart the phone, reinstall the app. 3) reset all your themes, personalized ringtones, etc... 4) test it prior to 3, schedule a message to yourself or a good friend.
Hope this helps someone. Thanks Rodney.

~Jarett 

0 Likes