How do you silence notifications such as email/text?
NewTechnologysux
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Just got a new Droid Maxx after turning in my older Droid X.  Having an issue trying to figure out how to silence this dang device.  I have figured out how to turn off volume for the phone ringing as it was similiar to my Droid X.  Can't find any information on how to silence email notifications, text notifications and other notifications.  Makes a vibration no matter what setting i put it on.  Anyone with any suggestions before i drive 10 miles to a Verizon store and see if a clerk can assist?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you silence notifications such as email/text?
B33
Legend

Good suggestion SuzyQ  > to locate and shut off the tone feature go to Email or Text Messaging open them up and then Tap your settings, from there find Notification Settings > Tap on Select Ringtone > Tap Media Storage > then click on Always or Just once > then locate Silent click it and it should be good to Go..  Hope that Helps.. b33

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Diogenes1950
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too... any answer short of turning the whole thing off?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the settings within the text and e-mail apps?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't want notifications for email or texts, set the notification for those to "silent".  

B33
Legend

Good suggestion SuzyQ  > to locate and shut off the tone feature go to Email or Text Messaging open them up and then Tap your settings, from there find Notification Settings > Tap on Select Ringtone > Tap Media Storage > then click on Always or Just once > then locate Silent click it and it should be good to Go..  Hope that Helps.. b33

0 Likes