How to Respond to Specific Messages in Verizon Message +
TexasToast

Hello everyone,

I've searched high and low for some guidance and I'm sure this is very simple but have tried a number of tricks to no avail.  Just curious, in Message+, how on Earth does one respond to a specific text message (non-group)?  My friends are quicker than I am at texting and I find I'm lost in a convo and want to ensure when I respond, it's to the correct text message.

I use a Android OS (Moto phone).

Thank you everyone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to Respond to Specific Messages in Verizon Message +
TexasToast

Thank you for the sarcasm.  I was sure my explanation was specific enough.  I was referring to when there a multiple consecutive messages and I wanted to a specific one out of several (like in WhatsApp one would swipe to the right for a specific message to bubble and be placed in front of your reply)

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Did they seriously remove my photo, even though everything personal was blocked? 🤦‍♀️

Perhaps I didn’t understand your question.  If you are asking if you can respond to one comment out of a group text thread, no.  Not possible.  
You either start an individual text with that person, or your comment is seen by all. 

if you are in the middle of a group thread your only option if you select a specific message is to copy that message, forward that message, call the person who sent that message, add the person, who sent that message to your contact list, or delete the message. There is no option to respond to a specific message in a group thread.  

(It was so much easier is pictures 🤦‍♀️)

0 Likes
TexasToast

Thank you for the feedback.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to assist you with your Message+ options. If you tap and hold on the specific text within the group message that you want to reply to, does it give you the option to send a reply?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Other than trying what the previous representative said, there's not a way to respond to a specific message in a group message. *Debbie

0 Likes
TexasToast

Thank you everyone for your feedback.  My curiosity didn't have anything to do with a group text but rather a series of texts from the same person.  Could I simply respond to a specific text amongst  several texts from the same person.  However, it doesn't look like that can be done.

Much appreciated everyone 🙂

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@TexasToast wrote:

Thank you everyone for your feedback.  My curiosity didn't have anything to do with a group text but rather a series of texts from the same person.  Could I simply respond to a specific text amongst  several texts from the same person.  However, it doesn't look like that can be done.

Much appreciated everyone 🙂

I see, better explaination.

You do have the option to copy text.  So it’s not perfect, but you can touch to copy, put in quotes, then respond,  not too much unlike how this forum works.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are welcome, TexasToast. Thanks for being the best part of Verizon. -Dia

0 Likes