How to turn GPS off
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

I have searched and am unable to find the widget to turn GPS off. I tried to download one from the market, but that didn't work out either. The toggle widget I used before ICS is gone, or I don't know where it is. Anyone know how to turn navigation off once it's enabled and you're done with it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to turn GPS off
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone know if when you turn navigation off that the GPS is disabled as well?

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

Yep, the power widget is the only shortcut toggle to be able to do this.  Beyond that, you have to go into location services under settings.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

another reason to hold onto the droid x

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I just leave GPS on. It doesn't use any power when not in use.  I also think that it takes longer for Maps and any other application that uses GPS to get a location lock if I turn on GPS right before opening the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

with as many satellites, ours & russians, it's still going to acquire quickly.

interesting comment about leaving it off, as cs says it's quite a draw & why i leave it off until needed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I left the GPS off on the Tbolt, it would take several minutes before I would get a lock with Google Maps.  It would be only seconds when I leave it on.  Even if I used GPS Test, it takes longer if the GPS radio was off just before using the application.

I have not tried it with the Nexus.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I leave mine on!  Heck i've got enough battery in that B.M.W  i don't Worry about it.. But they did Change the Symbol to Kick it off N on you do the same as Before Spurs but its Part of the Power Control Widget and it set's in the in the Middle of it..b33

0 Likes