I am not getting texts. I can send them, but I am getting none. People have confirmed that theyu have sent them, but none arrive after 24 hours. I can send them though
CarterB

I am not getting texts. People have confirmed that they have sent them but they never arrive. I texted myself and that went through.

Help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I am not getting texts. I can send them, but I am getting none. People have confirmed that theyu have sent them, but none arrive after 24 hours. I can send them though
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CarterB, we want them to all come through! Did you download a 3rd party text messaging application to your device? If so, we recommend that you uninstall it. Additionally, you should also delete all unwanted text messages from your device to ensure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Lastly, power your device off/on to soft reset, disable Wi-Fi, and connect to our network. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I am not getting texts. I can send them, but I am getting none. People have confirmed that theyu have sent them, but none arrive after 24 hours. I can send them though
smiles_mmm

Having the same issue and I have done all of the information above multiple times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a great concern smiles_mmm & CarterB!
Let us work to get the messages flowing again. How long has this been happening? Is this still going on?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
smiles_mmm

Yes, It has been going on since I got the phone. I am very disappointed.  Melinda Meade     

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smiles_mmm,
Let's get this resolved! Which type of phone did you have before your current Droid Maxx? Are you using the native messaging application? When you powered the phone off did you remove/insert the sim? If not, please do so, test and share all information. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
smiles_mmm

I had an iphone before this. I did deactivate Imessages. I can't remove the back to take out the sim card. Also my boyfriend has the droid mini and is having the same issues with messaging. He went from a flip phone to a smart phone and is having these issues.   

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

All of this sounds more like sim related issues. If you are using the default message app and they are not coming through then download the Verizon messaging app and see if that solves the problem. I know once I downloaded and started using it all my texts started working just fine. I am sure it has nothing to do with the app but to be honest I prefer the Verizon messaging app they did a great job on that thing. Best one out there to me. If that does not help I would recommend going to a Verizon store and asking for a new sim card and replacing that one you have and that could fix it for you.