I am unable to delete emails
dtrozan

This began about two days ago and I have tried rebooting, turning off the data/putting it in airplane mode, putting it in safe mode...nothing seems to fix it. It gets hung up when I try to delete. I also tried deleting the email accounts and it won't let me do that either. Help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I am unable to delete emails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dtrozan,

Help has arrived! Are you using the stock e-mail app on your device or are you using a third party e-mail app? Are you able to access your e-mail account online to delete some of these e-mails?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dtrozan

Hi,

I am using the email app that came with the phone. I have not gone online on my phone to try and delete them. I was able to delete them through the app until a few days ago. Now it just gets hung up when I try. Before it started going kaflooey, I had deleted the deleted emails from my trash, something I haven't done since I got the phone. There were over 29,000 emails.....yes you saw that right. lol After I did that I started having problems.  Help!

0 Likes
dtrozan

Oh....I am able to delete the emails online. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dtrozan,

Wow! That's quite a few e-mails! Thanks for the update. Have you tried removing the e-mail address from the phone and re-adding it? In some instances, changing your password, then updating the new password on your phone can help refresh the e-mail and take things back to normal.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dtrozan

Yes, that is one of the first things I tried but I am unable to remove the email account (phone won't allow me to delete it).

Diane

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank  you for all these details, dtrozan. HAve you tried going to Settings>Application Manager>All>Email>Clear Cache & Data>Force Close? This may help clear up those issues as well. Keep us posted please!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes