I cannot recieve all of my texts and it is very frustrating!!!!
smiles_mmm

I have only had my phone about a month and I am ready to throw it out the window. My text messages don't come from all of my contacts and it is very frustrating. Ready to go back to my iphone with another provider. Any tips?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cannot recieve all of my texts and it is very frustrating!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erin@tnt,

Great questions! It is possible that your contacts with the iPhone's have not deleted their previous threads and started a new one with your new device. Changing your mobile number should not have an effect on receiving text if all other contacts, other then those with iPhones are able to text you. It can be that your original number was not removed from the iMessaging system. Try these steps... http://bit.ly/1yP0TgFm

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smiles_mmm,

I don't want you to throw your device through any windows! I want to make sure that we get your text messages back up and running with no issues. The messages that you are not getting are they coming from people that have iPhones? Did you have an iPhone before getting the Droid Maxx? Are you able to send text messages to these people and do they get your messages? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

erin5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've actually thought of that (although, it took me a while to come to that conclusion...Lol). I have those members of #teamiphone to delete our prior texting history and start fresh...is it possible that they didn't do that? Also, does it mean anything that I changed my number when I got my new Android?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erin@tnt,

Great questions! It is possible that your contacts with the iPhone's have not deleted their previous threads and started a new one with your new device. Changing your mobile number should not have an effect on receiving text if all other contacts, other then those with iPhones are able to text you. It can be that your original number was not removed from the iMessaging system. Try these steps... http://bit.ly/1yP0TgFm

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Download the new Verizon messaging app and see if that helps as it helped my phone when text messaging was acting up. Also you can go here Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless and then go to web app and see your text messages on a computer to see if your phone is getting them the way it should and could possibly help get your text messaging working like it should. You will just have to sign up for verizon messaging but it is free and the app for you phone is much better. You will need you login for you account to access your text messages on a computer.

smiles_mmm

The link you sent is broken .  Also it is not only I phone users. However on group messaging I receive replies from some users and not from others.   

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The first thing you should do since you switched from an iPhone to android is to make sure your iMessage account is de-registered for your line. You should be able to do that at the following link.

Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

You say you also changed your number. It is possible some of your contacts are still sending messages to your old number which would explain why you are not getting messages from them.

Additionally, since you have changed your number, I don't know how well the steps Apple provides for deregistering your iMessage account will work. You could also try texting "stop" to 48369 from your new phone to deregister if the steps provided at Apple do not work on your new number.

0 Likes
smiles_mmm

I have done that numerous times now. Imessages is not the issue. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You have done which numerous times?

Have you spoken with your iPhone friends about the messages? What color bubble is around messages they have sent to you. If they are blue, iMessage IS a problem as their phone STILL thinks they are sending to an iPhone. The bubbles around messages sent to non-iPhones need to be green in order to get sent to your new android device.

Have you checked to make sure your contacts are using your new number?

You could also call CS to have them reprogram your line for texting. It is possible it was not provisioned correctly when you made the number switch.