I just upg to a Maxx 16gb from a std Razr and there is no slot to install an SD. I have pulled the Sim (it is in a tray), but it is not in there. I would like to use the 16Gb SD from my old Razr in this one.
uphigh

The online diagrams show the Sim and SD side by side, when you pull the volume control tray out, but there is no where to put an SD card in this phone as far as I can tell.  What am I missing?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I just upg to a Maxx 16gb from a std Razr and there is no slot to install an SD. I have pulled the Sim (it is in a tray), but it is not in there. I would like to use the 16Gb SD from my old Razr in this one.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you get the DROID RAZR Maxx, the DROID RAZR MAXX HD, or the DROID Maxx model of Android phone? Which model it is might determine if it supports the SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I just upg to a Maxx 16gb from a std Razr and there is no slot to install an SD. I have pulled the Sim (it is in a tray), but it is not in there. I would like to use the 16Gb SD from my old Razr in this one.
rcschnoor
Legend

As far as I know, the Droid Razr Maxx and Droid Razr Maxx HD have SD card capability. The Droid Maxx, howerver does NOT have SD card capability. The Droid Maxx originally had 32 GB of memory, not 16 GB. It appears, however when they recently lowered the price of the Droid Maxx, they also lowered the amount of memory it has.

I find this to be VERY DECEPTIVE on Verizon's part. If one were to GOOGLE reviews on the Droid Maxx, they would ALL state the Droid Maxx has 32 GB of internal memory. If Verizon does something such as this, they should rename the phone Droid Maxx lite/Droid Maxx II.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

As far as I know, the Droid Razr Maxx and Droid Razr Maxx HD have SD card capability. The Droid Maxx, howerver does NOT have SD card capability. The Droid Maxx originally had 32 GB of memory, not 16 GB. It appears, however when they recently lowered the price of the Droid Maxx, they also lowered the amount of memory it has.

I find this to be VERY DECEPTIVE on Verizon's part. If one were to GOOGLE reviews on the Droid Maxx, they would ALL state the Droid Maxx has 32 GB of internal memory. If Verizon does something such as this, they should rename the phone Droid Maxx lite/Droid Maxx II.

That's not the first time I have seen Verizon Wireless do a storage memory size change on a phone. It probably won't be the last either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I also seem to remember that happening in the past, too. I didn't like it then, either.

0 Likes
Re: I just upg to a Maxx 16gb from a std Razr and there is no slot to install an SD.  I have pulled the Sim (it is in a tray), but it is not in there.  I would like to use the 16Gb SD from my old Razr in this one.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

uphigh

Let's help you find the exact model device. Please view settings, about phone, there you will see the model number and make.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

The Droid Maxx was a complete fail. Still 720p screen nothing near as nice as the S4's superior 1080p screen, still sub par camera, no SD slot, no HDMI port, so you drop from 96GB storage down to 32.. And now this? 16? Even more fail.. Just a big ball of fail. They better step it up on the next release.. And bring back SD slot.

0 Likes
Re: I just upg to a Maxx 16gb from a std Razr and there is no slot to install an SD.  I have pulled the Sim (it is in a tray), but it is not in there.  I would like to use the 16Gb SD from my old Razr in this one.
Irishe
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was why i investigate EVERY phone i buy. I even got in an argument

with my oldest son when i told him the original HTC one didn't have a SD slot

he swore it did. i use sd cards with every phone. the GS4, although a little fragil

turned out to be my best choice since Droid moved away from SD cards at one point.

m suggestion is to ALWAYS look at the specifications BEFORE buying.

Just my 2 cents.