I keep getting a message stating "Unfortunately messaging has stopped" and am unable to get or send texts. I have only had the phone for about a month and this started about a week ago. My husband has the same phone and has not had any problems so far.
cindy22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep getting a message stating "Unfortunately messaging has stopped" and am unable to get or send texts. I have only had the phone for about a month and this started about a week ago. My husband has the same phone and has not had any problems so far. Please HELP!!

Labels (2)
Re: I keep getting a message stating "Unfortunately messaging has stopped" and am unable to get or send texts. I have only had the phone for about a month and this started about a week ago. My husband has the same phone and has not had any problems so f
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

cindy22

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with messaging on your phone! We'd love to get everything back up and running for you. Have you been able to delete all messages from the application? You can perform a factory data reset to erase all information as well. First back up all personal information like pictures and contacts, disable Automatic Restore http://vz.to/1zBLBf4 ,then do the reset http://vz.to/1oTEisw .

Also, do you have a software update available? Which software version are you currently running? Check like this: http://vz.to/QrySZX

RuthW_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I keep getting a message stating "Unfortunately messaging has stopped" and am unable to get or send texts. I have only had the phone for about a month and this started about a week ago. My husband has the same phone and has not had any problems so f
RyanOw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Kathy,

Sorry to hear about your phone. I too have had the same problems. "Unfortunately Messaging has Stopped. OK". It's been ongoing for multiple weeks with only work around options offered by VZ. Be careful about doing a factory reset with Verizon cloud as the back service....

Starting back a month or so my phone had a the same issue. The factory reset did not work, the replacement phone had the same issue and is still not functioning properly. After being on the Verizon store 4 times and on phone with Tech Support for over 4 hours the last couple weeks trying to fix the problem, the issue has still not been corrected.

An update from Motorola went out Thursday. This update caused new issues. "Message receipt failed or message delivery failed" would keep popping up on my screen. Now I'm in process of my third factory reset. That stopped that message but not my phone is useless.

Useless because Verizon Cloud was not functioning properly yesterday, couldn't log in. The guy at VZ tech support was having the same issues. Anyway, got it started last night and it said it would take a week to complete the restore download. Paused the update and tried downloading 12 pictures that I need for work.- going to take 2 hours. I'm on a strong wifi connection. Evidently Verizon has issues with the cloud services

0 Likes