B33 provided an excellent link. I assume you may be having problems with the "until you hear a click" part of the instructions
"Insert micro SIM card (with gold contacts facing toward the back of phone) into slot labeled SIM until you hear a click."
If your finger nail will not push the SIM card all the way in, use the little card insertion tool that came with your Razr. If you can't find the tool use a tooth pick or something no harder than soft wood or plastic to push the card in. You will feel the click more than hear it (at least I do). I hesitate suggesting a paperclip since it can cause real damage if you miss the card and the metal wire goes into the phone.
Badgirl you might try doing this on your M Run a System Cache Clear the instructions are below) NOW if your still having issues after trying this.. Call Customer service follow threw to the Technical Dept. while on the phone with them ask to speak to a Tech that has some knowledge on doing a Factory Reset for your Model of Phone which is the Moto M here is the Number.. it's best to use a Landline so the Tech can assist you in programming your phone..
( 1-800-922-0204 ) You'll be asked to give your mobile number and your password when the options start's choose Technical Dept. ( No.3 ) Good luck to Ya. b33
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL DOWN key, then tap and release the VOL UP key.
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
11. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .
Breezex I forgot to thank ya for the kind words, Thanks b
I have gone to step 5 and get the Android in Distress with the ! and it says, "No command." I can't seem to get past this. I have tried the hold the Vol Down and Tapping the Vol Up but get nothing. After the Android in Distress is on the screen for a bit it goes back to the Red Motorola Logo. HELP!