Re: I understand new Droid Maxx update. Have not received mine yet?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ELH,

New software is exciting! We always want to help. You can check for the latest software for the Maxx here http://spr.ly/6587htsV .

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Steve8394

New software with no explanation is even more exciting because you never know what it's going to do to your device.  Since Verizon seems to want to keep the details of 24.13.2.en.US a secret, I'm not going to install it, and I don't want to see the pester screen on my phone any more.  Every time I try to do something, I have to clear it out - often, several times while trying to use MY PHONE.  Why isn't there a "No, I don't want this update" choice?  How do I cancel it permanently?

0 Likes
tnolan13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Steve I know exactly how you feel - I always dread updates myself for the

same reason, that you never know what it will do. But having finally gotten

that particular update onto my Maxx, I can tell you that so far it hasn't

seemed to do anything different, and Ive had it a couple of days. Just

wanted to let you know.

tnolan1088@gmail.com

0 Likes
Steve8394

So if it does nothing, that's even more reason to NOT install it.  So the question remains (for a customer support rep, I guess): how do I "just say no"?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You don't, you can defer, but automatic installation will occur at a preset time.

0 Likes
Steve8394

What's the preset time?

...and why do I have to keep logging in to this message board?  After waiting a few hours, I refresh the page, and the top bar still says "Sign Out" as if I'm signed in, but the bar below it says "Register/Sign In".  I'm on my home computer, and when I've seen the "keep me logged in" box, I've checked it, but it's not always there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Steve8394,

Software updates enhance the device! Correct, you can continue to click install later when prompted. After an undetermined time frame the device will automatically install the update. Click her for all the great enhancements that come in the latest software update http://spr.ly/6587B6GkT.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes