Re: ICS Message From VZW
florida123
Enthusiast - Level 3

My ICS is updating as we speak. I had my phone off overnight to give it a break. I turned it on this morning, and about an hour later it started downloading the update all by itself. It didn't give me an option to download it later.  South West Florida. keep you posted.

samson811970
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the notification that it would be coming in the next week at 12:30am thursday morn...Central NY...popherald.com (I know, maybe another "rumor") says that the OTA rollout begins sometime today or this weekend...could be another rumor, but it does seem to go along with the message i received...Hoping this is it!!!!

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

So I guess we will have to wait for the vzw notification now? Looks  like none of you received the update by checking through settings(?)

0 Likes
KD2012

In Philly area, I received the VZ update message last evening and the update downloaded overnight.  I installed this morning and all seems to working so far although I haven't had much time to test it all.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

Interesting!  I'm in the Philly area too, but I did not receive the message or the update, so I wonder how they're deciding who gets it in what order....

0 Likes
samson811970
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto in upstate Central NY...I got the notification at 12:30...the message says that it will be coming to my phone "within a week"...I got to work, checked manually for an update, and it was already downloaded as KD2010 says above - it took no time to install...so I guess the notification that says it's coming within the next week is the actual notification that it's ready for you! Good luck all...

0 Likes
allensull

Nothing here in West TN either.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

How can I find out if I'm anywhere close to getting it?  All of these people that are not that far from me are getting it, and I would like to know if location has anything to do with it or if it's some other determining factor....

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

is this the first UPGRADE of an OS ever that you've gone through? We've tried to explain many times - there is no way to know when YOU in particular will receive it .. The rhyme or reason they use to roll it out are not well known -- other than belief that it's a combination of your IMEI and Region. You really need to just be patient. Pressing your CHECK FOR UPDATE will only wear out that button .. this, like all other upgrades, is being PUSHED out to you. Breathe, relax, take a walk, listen to some miusic .. chill.  It will get to you when it gets to you.  

>Post edited to keep post on topic<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sandrad0813

VZW associate told me that it depended on when you bought your phone.  Don't know if this is correct information or not.  Got my Maxx in May....still waiting... no notification yet....no update yet...patience is a virtue Smiley Happy

0 Likes