ICS on Razr Maxx - won't download
spazgrl539

I've gotten several notices and emails about downloading the new Ice Cream Sandwich for my RazrMaxx, but it wont' download.  I've tried several times now, it runns for about 10 minutes, then pops up an error that it could not complete.  I've done this about 4x and on the last time, it now tells me i don't have enough memory on my phone (I should have plenty of memory, i don't have that much on it yet).  My husband is on same account, has same phone, and he downloaded and installed on first try with no problem.  What is the problem with my phone?  and how do i fix it? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: ICS on Razr Maxx - won't download
JBT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you try downloading over wifi instead of 4G?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Spazgr1539!

I can cetainly understand your frustration! Did you attempt to download the update over WIFI?  How much memory do you currently have available on the device? settings>sd &phone storage> available internal memory

Thanks!
Pamelaf_vzw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
JBT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wrong person, I have an X...

(deleted phone number as per )

Very happy Verizon customer!

On Sep 12, 2012 3:12 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

Message was edited by: Verizon  Moderator

0 Likes
spazgrl539

Yes, i was trying over wifi.  It never did work.  In fact it fried my phone, who then become a battery hog and nothing would shut down, so i went from 100% battery to 30% battery within 4 hours.  Eventually got a hold of tech support, who said it was a manufacturer's defect, and sent me a reconditioned new phone, with ICS pre-loaded.  After 3 days to set up my "new" phone, appears to be working fine now.

0 Likes