IS MY DROID TURBO BRICKED?
dhill01

On October 4th, I noticed my device a Droid Turbo began restarting often, taking a long time to boot up.  Prior to this my device had worked flawlessly for a long time.  I decided to perform a Factory Data Reset via the settings menu.  

Now my device boots up fast however the power button is failing to function in several capacities (see list below).  Some apps and the device in general glitch; some functions do not work or no longer respond as they should.  This lead me to believe these issues may be fixable by reinstalling the original Firmware.  The challenge is to do so without completely bricking my device.  I have done some research.  The articles I found are often hard to follow, not precise, or simply may not speak to the exact issue(s) my device is experiencing.  

Power Button fails to function in several capacities:

a) Device won’t Power off.  If persistent, device eventually restarts.  

b) Device unable to select Recovery mode via Bootloader/Fastboot mode.  I can arrow to the Recovery Menu option with the up or down key, but then selecting it using the power button does nothing and the device restarts.  

Note:  Steps a) and b) above are the necessary steps to perform a Factory Data Reset via the Bootloader/Fastboot mode.  I successfully used this method twice in the past without issue.

c) Device no longer sleeps or wakes via power button single click.  Device may eventually restart but often does nothing.

d) Device unable to take screen shots (selecting power + volume down buttons simultaneously).  It works once only after device restarts.

END

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: IS MY DROID TURBO BRICKED?
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

This may require a face to face visit at a Verizon store.

0 Likes