In-Call Notifications
JXB

So after a month of using my Droid Maxx I have noticed many of the same software glitches as others (i.e. Facebook contacts not syncing, etc).  The most troublesome one for me is that in-call notifications for text messages and emails do not work properly.  If you are on a phone call, you should receive one short beep in the earpiece if you receive a text message, email, or other notification.  This was confirmed with Motorola support that it should be happening and there is no way to disable/enable in-call notifications.  This is a problem for me as I use the phone constantly but also receive time sensitive sms notifications.  If I'm on a long call I constantly have to look at the phone to see if anything came in. 

I contacted Motorola directly to see if they had a solution for this.  This offered nothing other than it should be working.  I went in to a Verizon store and tested it on the display device in the store as well.  Same result.  Verizon Wireless had no solution other than to try a third-party messaging app.  This seems a little absurd especially after paying a high price for a supposed premium device.  Basic operations should work.  I understand any new device is going to have some issues that will be resolved through software updates.  However I'm a little disappointed in Verizon Wireless and lack of quality control on a device that cost $300 with a contract.  I have also yet to see real solutions for a single issue posted on this forum.  The only solutions I have seen are to clear app cache and delete and re-install apps (that doesn't even work).  What gives Verizon Wireless?  Are we going to get our issues resolved?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: In-Call Notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JXB,

As your wireless provider, we are committed to your wireless happiness. Rest assured as it will be my pleasure to research and customize a solution for you. Let's start with what software, baseband, and android version do you have installed on the device? Also, has this function ever worked in the past? Can I assume that you are using the default messaging app on the device? While we wait for you to share additional information requested above on the issue, have you checked to see if your notification settings are correct? If not then I would encourage you to do so. We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tekdiveraz

I wish I could say from experience that when you parrot off... "As your wireless provider, we are committed to your wireless happiness."  I have two letters that accurately describe how I feel after wasting THREE hours with issues with my new DROID MAXX phone.  B.S. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tekdiveraz,

I know your time is valuable and I am here to help because I want you to enjoy your VZW experience! What specific issues are you having with your device? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
JXB

All software is stock software loaded directly out of the box.  I'm also using the stock messaging app.  This is why the issue is frustrating.  It doesn't work out of the box and also doesn't work on the in-store demo models in the Verizon Wireless Store.  This issue has been there since day 1.  The device was factory reset as well and did not work.  Here are the details:

Android Version                     4.2.2

Baseband Verison                 MSM8960PRO_BP_2323.011.75 00R

System Verison                    12.7.7.obake-maxx_verizon.nVerison.en.US

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JXB,

Thanks for the details, your efforts are greatly appreciated! I have reviewed our internal device forums and I was unable to identify a known issue with the device. I can glady review your account in an effort to identify your replacement options. At your leisure, pleas DM your name and wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes