Incompetent Repair Process
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I have to put this one here and granted I am still more than a little ticked.  A few weeks back the charging cable that originally came with the phone would not connect..it was completely loose.  Not sure if it was the port or the cable, I tried the cable form the car dock and was able to get a connection but it was intermittent.  The actual connection on the car dock itself was also intermittent so that told me it was the port and not the cables.  So, in to Motorola the phone goes for warranty repair.

After a shipping snafu, I get the phone back today.  Naturally I turned it on the side to check the charging port and don't see any change.  Suspicious, I plug in all of the aforementioned cables/connectors, including a new cable just in case, and none will connect. I check the enclosed repair order report and the technician alleges they tested the phone and it passed satisfactorily. 

Now, of course, Motorola indicates I need to send it back...terrific  I have to go out of town which means there is no way the phone can be sent back, repaired and returned by the time I leave, then, given Christmas next week I am pushing shipping to get it to my location where I am going to be prior to departing there.  My cell IS my only phone and I am limited right now to a flip phone with pre-paid minutes and minimal at that; essentially for emergency contact use only.

CS agent indicated it was 5 business days to complete repair once they receive it which would put the repair window at next Thursday at a minimum.  I told the CS agent that given the fact this was a resend for what I referred to as incompetent service, that I expected more priority service,  the CS agent was vague but just said OK.

Absolutely inexcusable service.  I had this same issue, a charging port issue, with a previous phone that was out of warranty and in fact was the previous phone..I had just upgraded but I was giving the phone to a family member so sent it in to get the charging port repaired.  Exact same issue..came back repaired without question.  Of course that time *I* paid for everything.  Maybe they don't like making minor warranty repairs?

Labels (2)
0 Likes