Insurance is a Joke
tshields

My Android Razr dropped and the screen shattered.  At fist I was upset as the Razr's screen is supposed to not break, but since I had the insurance I thought I could simply go to the Verizon store and they would replace it.  All I got when I went to the Verizon store was a pamphlet saying I need to contact a third party company and they would send my phone to me.  A little annoyed I called the insurance company only to find out that they do not overnight for the weekends so here it is I do not have a phone for half of Friday, all day Saturday, Sunday, and now here it is Monday and I probably won't get my phone until around 3PM.  This is ridiculous and poor customer service, I mean what is the point in having the insurance policy on the phone if I have to go practically 3 full days with no phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Insurance is a Joke
Not applicable

Verizon does not insure your phone.  You purchased insurance from an insurance company, probably Asurion.  When you purchased your insurance, I'm sure you carefully read the policy and familiarized yourself with your new policy and how it works, what it covers, and how to file a claim.  This has NOTHING to do with Verizon.  And your phone did drop, someone dropped it.  You should post this on the Asurion customer forum.  But you're right, insurance on a cell phone is a joke.  I never buy insurance for inexpensive electronic devices.

0 Likes
Re: Insurance is a Joke
Not applicable

Ok first of all the insurance is not through Verizon it's through another company. If you have Allstate insurance and get into a car accident do you call Allstate or the dealership where you bought the car?

Also who said the glass was unbreakable? It's scratch resistant which is a far cry away form unbreakable.

It's always a good idea to have a temporary back in cases like this.

I agree the insurance is a joke which is why I have never gotten it. Which also gives me extra incentive to take care of my phone since the cost of replacing the phone is expensive.

0 Likes