Internal Storage or SD Card Storage
refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am concerned about the possibility losing all my files or photos if something happens to my Droid Razr.  Does anyone know if there is a setting to be sure files and photos are saved to my memory card not just to internal storage?  Also, how about cloud storage? Any recommendations on how best to save these items?  Also, Does anyone know if its possible to password protect a file?

Refsmom

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internal Storage or SD Card Storage
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You can move files from the internal storage to the SD card by going into the APPS Drawer and selecting Files. This will show you both the internal storage and external storage and allow you to move files between them at will. For Pics, you can set the camera to save all to the SD card.

Or you can use Astro or a similar product, or even simply plug the phone into your computer with USB and move them at will.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Well lets see for pictures you take with your camera you tell it in the settings to save to SD Card then photos you take will go there automatically.

Your files however do not go to external memory automatically and you need a app like Astro File from the Google Play store to save them to the SD Card from the phones internal memory. It is not hard to do.

Password protect well no you cannot. But you could check the Google Play Store to see if there is one available.

There is a protect switch on certain types of SD or Micro SD cards however it us there so NOT to write to the media. So that will not help you.

Dropbox works very well and it does save music, photos and personal files to the cloud. You do get 50 GB for free.

For music saving you can use Google Play Music. But I use that from my home computer to upload my own music not from my phone.

Lastly I regularly remove my photos and files from my cell and burn them to DVD or CD media to keep permanently since I remove from the phone to my computer to the other media.

I don't clog up the phone with a load of junk.

Hope that answered some of your questions?

Good Luck

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You can move files from the internal storage to the SD card by going into the APPS Drawer and selecting Files. This will show you both the internal storage and external storage and allow you to move files between them at will. For Pics, you can set the camera to save all to the SD card.

Or you can use Astro or a similar product, or even simply plug the phone into your computer with USB and move them at will.

B33
Legend

Thinking of that Very thing Jake:  On one of my Razr it's filled to the Glory Hole with Video stuff  it's good thing to have an Alternative to store the Videos Now i just need to find were i want to move all of them Too or if i want to Delete some.. I made the mistake of not switching the Video player out of HD and the storage went rather Quickly he says it all.. Time to get that creative Mind.. a thinking  Have a Good Morning.. b 

0 Likes