Is it possible to have two numbers that ring to the same phone? I neede a Texas direct number and a Salt Lake City direct number?
N8prime8

I need two phone numbers with different area codes linked to the same phone, can this be done?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to have two numbers that ring to the same phone? I neede a Texas direct number and a Salt Lake City direct number?
rcschnoor
Legend

You could always set up a Google Voice Number which would ring on your cell #.

View solution in original post

Re: Is it possible to have two numbers that ring to the same phone? I neede a Texas direct number and a Salt Lake City direct number?
Snn5
Legend

You could forward calls to the same number, but not assign 1 number to 2 lines.

0 Likes
pdeitz

He didnt ask if he can assign 1 number to 2 lines. He asked if he can assign 2 numbers to 1 line? I have the same need... does anyone know if this can be done?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You could always set up a Google Voice Number which would ring on your cell #.

Snn5
Legend

Use Google Voice like rcschnoor suggested, but I wasn't able to pick an area code when I signed up, so if the need is to link 2 numbers of your choosing, one of which isn't GV, IDK how to do so.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You can always port a number you already have to Google Voice. The Google Voice account has to be associated with an active cell phone number and then you can have the Google Voice number ring on whichever phone you would like, even multiple phones at the same time.

When I signed up for Google Voice, I was able to choose a number from my locality. I wasn't necessarily able to get the exchange I wanted, but I certainly got the same area code.Smiley Happy I don't know if it has changed since.

Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I got mine a few years back and my area code is one region off of my actual area code for my cell line.  Same state though.