Is it possible to.....................?
SDGardella

OR, to put it a bit more positively, how may I go about:

1. Using my own sound files/ringtones for notifications (text messages received, calendar notifications)?
  2. Blocking calls from certain specific contacts (e.g. when a certain major drug store makes unsolicited reminder calls to me I entered the # as a contact and then blocked it so the dummies eventually cannot call me with their vexing automated messages that I drop everything to answer?
  3. Entering names or locations for those contact numbers that are not "Home", Work", "Fax" (such as OnStar, mother's cell, neighbor, etc. (I abhor using "Other")?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to.....................?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SDGardella wrote:

1. Using my own sound files/ringtones for notifications (text messages received, calendar notifications)? Check out PhoneZoo - it's free, I've used it for years with no spam consequences, and it works.  You upload your files, edit if needed, then tell PhoneZoo your phone model and service; they do the formatting and send it to you as a text message that you then save to your Ringtones or Notifications folder, and it's available to use as a ringtone, and in some cases as a notification.  Not all notifications are customizable for all models of phone.  The are other ringtone services as well - I just like PhoneZoo.
  2. Blocking calls from certain specific contacts (e.g. when a certain major drug store makes unsolicited reminder calls to me I entered the # as a contact and then blocked it so the dummies eventually cannot call me with their vexing automated messages that I drop everything to answer? You can block up to 5 numbers on MyVerizon for free.  You can also uses third party services like Google Voicemail or YouMail to block callers for free.
  3. Entering names or locations for those contact numbers that are not "Home", Work", "Fax" (such as OnStar, mother's cell, neighbor, etc. (I abhor using "Other")? Most address books allow you to add custom fields for information.  I know this doesn't exactly address your question, and I don't think there is a way to add additional phone number field tags.  The workaround would just be to add custom fields to the contact information.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

View solution in original post

Re: Is it possible to.....................?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SDGardella wrote:

1. Using my own sound files/ringtones for notifications (text messages received, calendar notifications)? Check out PhoneZoo - it's free, I've used it for years with no spam consequences, and it works.  You upload your files, edit if needed, then tell PhoneZoo your phone model and service; they do the formatting and send it to you as a text message that you then save to your Ringtones or Notifications folder, and it's available to use as a ringtone, and in some cases as a notification.  Not all notifications are customizable for all models of phone.  The are other ringtone services as well - I just like PhoneZoo.
  2. Blocking calls from certain specific contacts (e.g. when a certain major drug store makes unsolicited reminder calls to me I entered the # as a contact and then blocked it so the dummies eventually cannot call me with their vexing automated messages that I drop everything to answer? You can block up to 5 numbers on MyVerizon for free.  You can also uses third party services like Google Voicemail or YouMail to block callers for free.
  3. Entering names or locations for those contact numbers that are not "Home", Work", "Fax" (such as OnStar, mother's cell, neighbor, etc. (I abhor using "Other")? Most address books allow you to add custom fields for information.  I know this doesn't exactly address your question, and I don't think there is a way to add additional phone number field tags.  The workaround would just be to add custom fields to the contact information.

Thanks in advance,

Steve