Is there any way to roll back the Kit Kat update to the previous version?
dwb1966
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update my car(2012 SRT8 Charger) will no longer read text messages from my Razr HD to me or even show them on touch screen. It was working fine before update.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to roll back the Kit Kat update to the previous version?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dwb1966,

I have that feature for my car, so I definitely understand how important it is to have it. I apologize for the problem you have locating it now. The feature is actually part of the car, not directly from the phone. Please delete the bluetooth connection from the phone and your car, then pair them again. You may also want to adjust your car settings to ensure it reads them to you.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
dwb1966
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything worked fine before the update and nothing on the car has changed. I unpaired and repaired and now I get the message on my car that says "Feature not supported on the current phone" The reason I chose this vehicle and phone were because I really needed that feature due to being a real estate broker on the road all the time. I didn't ask for the update and I want it back to the old OS. I'm also having issues now with battery life, WiFi, and bluetooth. This is totally unacceptable and if I have to change phones I will definitely be changing carriers on all 3 lines I have. Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dwb1966

I completely understand how important this feature can be for your business! While moving back to the previous OS is not something that is available, we definitely want to make sure you're back up and running at 100%. Is the experience any different while the phone is in Safe Mode? Here's how to place the device in Safe Mode: http://vz.to/192Uwdp

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dwb1966
Enthusiast - Level 2

It makes no difference in safe mode. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, un-pairing and re-pairing and nothing helps. If this OS can't be changed, you need to send me a phone loaded with the old OS to replace this one that was ruined by this update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying dwb1966. The final step would be a hard reset without a restore; however, the original difficulty you described appears to be specifically linked to the vehicle and hands free system. Have you tested the device in a different vehicle? I'm sorry we can't guarantee compatibility with every vehicle. Although we work closely with manufacturers and OS developers we don't produce the actual devices or software updates.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes