Issue with MMS on Android Messages
JJAJOE

I have a Droid Turbo. Since switching from Google Hangouts to Android Messages, I have been getting a "not sent" error every time I send a MMS. Here is the kicker, the messages are going through, and any other text app shows that they are delivered. When I go to Message details, it shows the Error code is 128.

Anyone else have this issue or know whats causing it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Issue with MMS on Android Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JJAJOE -

I would certainly be confused as well if I was receiving an error code even though my texts were sending. Does this happen only with MMS?  Did you complete any recent updates on your phone?

I first recommend loading your Google Play Store. Tap the three lines in the top left corner, select My Apps & Games and check for a Verizon Messages update.

If this does not resolve the issue, my next recommendation is to reset your messaging app: http://vz.to/2psUBXZ.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JJAJOE

This only happens with MMS. I haven't done an update. Android Messages is

up-to-date. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it twice now. When I

reinstall the app, all the messages that it said were not delivered show up

as delivered.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 12:49 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having all your messages go through correctly is essential, JJAJOE. Glad that regular text messages do not give you any concerns. Just to confirm, are you using the Verizon Messages (Messages+) as your text application? Do you notice if this is happening when you are connected to wifi, cellular data, or both?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DLOFF9

I'm having the same issue. It's not just pictures it's any kind of text. It happens on both WiFi and data. I've also tried turning one or the other off and issue persists. Very annoying. Have missed important texts

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand how missing important texts can be annoying, DLOFF9 . We’d like to go over a few details and ensure you can send/receive messages with no problem.

Just for clarification, has anyone else reported a similar issue in the area? Are you having trouble sending or receiving texts? When did you first notice this issue?

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DLOFF9

This happens anywhere I go so I don't know if anyone has complained in my area. I always had an issue with group text with my old Galaxy 4 but now it's all messages since updating to Droid turbo 2

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all of the helpful details, DLOFF9.

Does the phone have the newest software update applied? Are you receiving any error messages when you attempt to send a message? We also recommend you run a diagnostic http://vz.to/1tuzrWq on the phone at your earliest convenience to check the overall health of the phone and please provide us with a screen shot of your results.

SteveR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DLOFF9

Phone is full updated. I don't receive any visible errors. Web site from link is not working. See attached

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, DLOFF9.  I do apologize but I was not able to view the attachment that you mentioned.  I do have a few questions if you don’t mind.  What messaging app are you using?  Is it the red Message plus application or the native messenger icon which is blue with the text icon in the middle?  Since powering the device off and on seems to help, can you check how much available memory you have on your device?  You can go to Settings > Storage and how many GB does it show used out of the 32GB.  Lastly, if you’re low on space, you can try this.  In Settings > Storage > (Internal Shared Storage) search for Cached Data and once it’s finished calculating you can click on it and press OK to delete.  Please let me know how much Cached Data it had before deleting.  This can take a few minutes and you will not lose any personal information. Once you do this, try powering the phone off and on, then try testing to see if you notice a difference.

AdamB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes