Issue with droid turbo could use some advice
AnnabelleLee

I have recently noticed that I get redirected to advertising for multiple items that take me to items that can be found in Google Play store (mostly). I have also known as alarming and/or concerning notices that my battery has been hacked or is severely damaged and that I must install something specific from Google to fix this issue. Has anyone run into anything similar?...should I just keep tapping off of the screens and not allowing anything to process?....or is this something that is going to have to be like I have to go through another factory reset or have tech support/

Verizon try to figure out if there's more to the story?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issue with droid turbo could use some advice
Snn5
Legend

You have allowed something to install that is causing redirects and fake ads.  You can try cache clears and such, but a factory reset will be the fastest after backing up any files.  Do not back up any app data or allow auto-restore in backup/reset settings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You have allowed something to install that is causing redirects and fake ads.  You can try cache clears and such, but a factory reset will be the fastest after backing up any files.  Do not back up any app data or allow auto-restore in backup/reset settings.

0 Likes
Angie_D890
Enthusiast - Level 1

run from that phone, my husband has the droid turbo. Actually I should say he is on his 7th droid turbo. Absolutely nothing but issue after issue. not even the same issue. We try to explain we will upgrade downgrade whatever we have to do to get rid of this phone as long as we get credit towards the  next phone. Well, like i said he is on his 7th. we get the runaround then the shaft, because they end up sending the same refurbished piece of [removed] one after the other after the other.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.