Jelly Bean Update
wolfe69

I have the Razr XT912 (Spyder) and missed out on the Jelly Bean update that rolled out on 12/24/12.  Since I have heard/read rumors that those who didn't get the "Christmas" update may very well be out of luck.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? If my phone is still scheduled for an update can anyone tell me, approximately, when that will happen?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Jelly Bean Update
Cody21
Master - Level 2

There was not an "official" roll out of JB on 12/24 ..  Apparently is was a mistake, somehow, by someone ... It was almost immediately stopped - albeit some did in fact receive it.  The actual schedule that was previously documented on the Moto sites was that JB would likely roll out 1Q13  ...  And as far as JB is concerned, those that DID receive it are stating that there really is not that much new beyond what we already have in ICS. Some screen to screen speed improvements, but really not many new features that make the device much different than it already is.  So hang in there, patience, you'll get it when it rolls.

0 Likes
Don573
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not looking forward to another surprise upgrade like the ICS where I had couldn't answer my phone in the daylight. I wish I could just get voice mail on time instead of a day or two later.

0 Likes
davidgibas
Enthusiast - Level 2

is there a way to downgrade from jelly bean back to ics

cause my droid razr is getting hot and all apps arent working

WTF

and the battery , i take it off charge at 100% after a call i check and its on 80%

is there a fix or ????

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No you can't downgrade the OS from Jelly Bean to ICS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wolfe69

You might be able to fix the battery issue with a reset. Let your battery

get as low as possible, turn your phone off and, using the cable that came

with your phone, charge it. Be sure to leave it off until it is totally

charged, you can check the charge level by pressing the down volume button

while it is charging. This will reset your battery meter in the

notification tray.

0 Likes
TheNotsick

I had the same issue with my phone from the ICS update.  It would get hot.  The battery died in a matter of a few hours even on standby.  I tried everything to fix the issue.  I took it to the local Verizon store.  The rep there said she had seen this problem quite a bit since the ICS upgrade.  They replaced it with a phone shipped over night no questions asked.  My new phone works great.

0 Likes
charliehorse25

backup your apps and data and do a factory reset. works 9 out of 10 times.

0 Likes