Jellybean 4.3
timm1969

Does anyone know if the Droid Razr M will be getting the update to 4.3? I would like to have the functionality to move apps to SD card back.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jellybean 4.3
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it wasn't listed in the update docs, it wasn't included.

That being said. Motorola is owned by Google. Google removed the ability to install apps to the SD card in Android 4.0 and higher. I don't think Motorola would add the older less secure code for App2SD back into the software for the phones they manufacture. Samsung seems to be the only manufacturer to add the ability back into Android phones after it was written out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Apps2sd was removed by Google since 4.0. Motorola is owned by Google. If any device after 4.0 has it still uses the buggy code from 2.3.6.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great news, timm1969. Motorola (your phone's manufacturer) confirmed that KitKat (4.4) is in the works for your Razr M at http://bit.ly/K5SzmN. There's no date available but when you visit that page, you can sign up to receive emails when software updates are available for your awesome device. You can also check http://vz.to/1a8siv5 for the latest details on software for the Razr M. We're here to help in the meantime to if you run into any concerns.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
timm1969

Do you know if the functionality of moving apps to SD card is included in the update?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it wasn't listed in the update docs, it wasn't included.

That being said. Motorola is owned by Google. Google removed the ability to install apps to the SD card in Android 4.0 and higher. I don't think Motorola would add the older less secure code for App2SD back into the software for the phones they manufacture. Samsung seems to be the only manufacturer to add the ability back into Android phones after it was written out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes