Jellybean update isses for droid razr: charge, freezing, slow
plk7236

My droid razr updated to jellybean last week and initially it was ok.  It seemed to hold a charge longer than normal but over the past several days not only does my charge disappear at an alarming rate but it also takes upwards of 10 hours to fully charge.  I have tried three different chargers in different outlets to no avail.  I make sure that my wifi is turned off and GPS is never on.  The operating system and screen account for 80% of my battery usage even though  I have my screen set to half brightness so I don't know why that is such an issue.  I stopped at a corporate verizon wireless location and all they could tell me was to clear my running apps by holding the home button and getting rid of them and that this should help with the slowness and freezing.  Yeah, that did not help at all.  Additionally, they couldn't tell me why it could be taking so long for my battery to charge.  If I exit an app by hitting the home button and immediately open a new one this causes my razr to do all sorts of screwy things while it tries to catch up and process what I'm trying to get it to do.  I'm missing the days of ice cream sandwich and I am really hoping they are working to resolve these issues because I know a ton of people are having problems with the new software.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Jellybean update isses for droid razr: charge, freezing, slow
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried doing a system cache clear?  There are several threads on this forum with the instructions if you need them.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I think it would be best to do a Factory Reset if your were having NO issues prior to the Update and just a few minor after the Update i think i would push toward the F.R. as Tik suggested you could give the System Cache a try but if doesn't help any matters then go for the Reset..

Hope ya have Good Luck b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

I did a factory reset and cache clear before installing the JB update and have had zero problems..  I think that might solve your problems.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup Sounds like a Good idea Jim

0 Likes
plk7236

I ended up doing the factory restore but now I'm unsure whether to do the automatic restore of media in case there was an app causing the issue... what do you think?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You could do the auto restore and see what happens.  If the problems come back, do the factory reset again, then install you apps one at a time.

0 Likes
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got the exact same problems, my phone was so fast when it was on IceCream Sandwich, Now it's so stinking slow like just pushing the app icon to get to the apps it littererly takes 30 seconds or more for the apps to even pop up on the screen same with text messages, I open the text messages and I stare at a blank screen for at least 30 seconds. The other day it took me  15 minutes to look up a phone number on the browser and to place the call! I'm not even exaggeration. It's a joke when I called Tech support they told me I have to many apps on my phone I have 32 gigs and Im using 8 and that's with all my apps pictures and music. Whats the point of making these phones with 16, 32 gig's and such if you can't use the space to store anything with out slowing your phone down to the point of it being useless.

B33
Legend

When you Talked to Tech Support did they suggest doing a Factory Reset ?  from the way it sounds in your Post you haven't as Jim stated in Post and he's had a Razr Maxx as Long as i have, He said he done a System Cache Clear and then a Factory Reset.  You got to Remember these OS's that are coming from Google now are big and that is were some of your Space is going to Go. is into that Os

And so the Suggestion for the New Day is Try a First a System Cache Clear there are Several places on here you can find the Instruction if you have done this Before if have trouble though Finding them Let me know and i will post them again, Now if do the System Cache and it Doesn't help then Proceed with the Factory Reset..

The Instruction are on here as Well but i can put them Here if you cannot Find them One thing i do Suggest is that at this time only Perform the Factory Reset  Do NOT Clear the Inter & External Storage that is Only needed in extreme Cases i have never in the 4 years of Owning a Smart Phone and 2 of owning a BB have never Cleared my Storage's

So give it a Try and see if any of that can Help the Phones performance One to NOTE make darn sure the Apps you install are Up to date to Jelly Bean..  Good Luck  b33

0 Likes
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had so many problems since the JB update! My RAZR practically freezes when I'm trying to use the web browser , half the time the phone wont charge when it does it takes way longer then it use to take, if it dies I have a hard time getting it to charge so I can turn it on. Almost all my apps crash or wont load when I make a call the screen goes black and wont come back on I have to hold the power button down after every call to make the phone reboot. When it goes into standby mode the screen goes black like it should but the menu, home,back and search keys all stay lit up. Every time I connect it to my computer the resets the ring tone, notification tone and wallpaper back to the default ones and I then have to redo them all after I unplug the cord. When it;s plugged in and charging I can no longer turn the phone off it turns it's self right back on. The phone over all is considerably slower now I loved this phone cuz it was so fast now it's like I have my old droid X back with the single processor. It stays charged for about 5 hours now and thats with me sending maybe 6 text or so and nothing else. I've ca;;ed tech support numerous times and ever time their fix is me doing a hard reset back to factory or they send me to a store, the store keeps it for a hour or two then when I go back to pick it up they say that its a software issue and should be replaced but I need to call tech support to get it replaced, tech support then confirms its a software issue and tells me that wouldn't warrant a replacement that I need to wait and see if they will send out a software update to fix the bugs, then two nights ago I place the phone on the charger and put it on my night stand the next morning when I woke up I picked up the phone and it looked like there was a long hair on the screen go to pick it off and no the screen is cracked out of no where the phone has never been dropped or anything and it just cracks sitting on the night stand charging. So I called customer care and tell them the screen cracked out of no where and they tell me they have never heard of that issue or anything and that I will now have to pay the deductible and get a replacement phone. Mean while I look on Google and on this Verizon forums and see that NUMEROUS people have complained about their screens just cracking out of no where while sitting on tables, desk and things. So now that the screen is cracked my warranty is void saying I damaged the phone, then this morning once again I pick my phone up to leave for work and there's 2 more cracks in the screen and all 3 are coming from the same corner it's almost like that corner is under pressure or something and putting stress on the glass. So a couple hours ago I filed an insurance claim for a new phone 100$ down the drain for something I shouldn't be responsible for I haven't damaged the phone in anyway it's all manufacture defaults. Verizon could have at least offered to reimburse me for the deductible or something. A customer for about 5 years with 3 lines of service never call in and complain or anything and I can't get any help.