Keep losing all service, and phone restarts on it's own
campbellsc22

So...my Razr maxx kept restarting on it's own after only being on for about 30 seconds and it also was receiving no signal. I did all the troubleshooting tools and nothing seemed to be able to fix it. So i successfully traded it in for a refurbished Razr with a new SIM card. I was able to set it up just fine last night and had no problems with it. However today while at work it just quit receiving a signal. It also has restarted itself multiple times. Seems like the same issue except on a smaller scale. It gets intermittent service and has only restarted itself a couple times. I went through all the settings and everything seems fine. The only thing i can think is that there might be a virus on my microSD card that's causing my phones to act like this. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Of course Verizon support will just tell me like they tried last time that their working on the towers right now. I don't know if they'll let me get another replacement. I think you only get one every 6 months with insurance. Please help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Keep losing all service, and phone restarts on it's own
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

campbellsc22,

I am so sorry to hear of the device issues you are having. We want you to have a fully functional device. Do you only have issues with losing service in a certain area? When you received the replacement phone did you place all the same apps on the phone? Have you tested the device in "Safe Mode" to see if it still loses power and power cycles? http://vz.to/1gw3e9P

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
slyfox

My Razr Maxx was doing the same thing. Now it appears to be booting (constantly), but never actually boots. I can not even turn it off now. The only way it turns off is to let the battery die.

I've tried all the recommended fixes. In my research, this is a common problem with these phones. The only solution seems to be a new phone. These phones are too expensive to need replacing so often. Hmm...who does that benefit?

I've lost all interest in owning another Motorola. I'm seriously considering changing providers, as well.

0 Likes
campbellsc22

I did put all the same apps on my phone. Yesterday it was working fine at my girlfriends house, but once i got back to my house and it auto connected to my wifi the phone just turned off again and also lost service. Not sure if the wifi has anything to do with it. Also my old phone still was on but i just reset it to factory settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to lose you slyfox! If your device is still under warranty, you may be able to have it replaced at no cost. May I ask if there is any physical or liquid damage to the device?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes