Keeping the phone unlocked when connected to a BT device - gone with 5.1?
Five66T

Had my phone all of 4 days now (was a USC S4 customer before).  One of the features I discovered in 4.2.2 on this phone that I LOVED was the fact that you could set priority to a BT connected device where the phone would stay unlocked when connected to that device.  But since 5.1, it's GONE!?!?  What am I missing? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keeping the phone unlocked when connected to a BT device - gone with 5.1?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With Lollipop, Smart Lock isn't turned on by default.  Go to Settings > Security > Trust Agents > turn Smart Lock on

Then once you back out of that screen, you'll see Smart Lock below Owner Info.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Upon connection/pairing with a device, the phone SHOULD ask if you want to make it a trusted device.  You may need to remove the connected device, then re-search for it and add.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With Lollipop, Smart Lock isn't turned on by default.  Go to Settings > Security > Trust Agents > turn Smart Lock on

Then once you back out of that screen, you'll see Smart Lock below Owner Info.

0 Likes
Five66T

This was the behavior I saw in 4.2.2.  I expected it with the new OS.  Didn't happen.  Tikibar1's answer was correct.

0 Likes
Five66T

Regarding the correct answer, that is a textbook example of the kind of change that gets made and thrust upon Joe Average Smart Phone User who would have absolutely no idea a)that it had been changed, b) that it was still available and c) where ever the heck you'd go to fix it.

0 Likes