Kindle app "Invalid Item..."
dwsjds

The Kindle app on my Droid RZR Maxx not has a pop-up everytime I attempt to open a book or periodical.  The pop-up says "Invalid item - Please remove the item from your device and go to archived items to download it again".  I have contacted Amazon Kindle support several times and talked with multiple people there and followed their steps over and over.   They tell me I need to uninstall the Kindle app and reinstall.  Of course, the Kindle came preinstalled so I can not uninstall it.  I've uninstalled the updates several times.  What can I do?  Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kindle app "Invalid Item..."
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're getting this annoying error on your Razr Maxx dwsjds! Let's figure this out. Please try going to Settings>Apps>All>Amazon Kindle>Force Stop & Uninstall Updates & uncheck Show Notifications. When completed, please restart phone. Let's see if this fixes that issue.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're getting this annoying error on your Razr Maxx dwsjds! Let's figure this out. Please try going to Settings>Apps>All>Amazon Kindle>Force Stop & Uninstall Updates & uncheck Show Notifications. When completed, please restart phone. Let's see if this fixes that issue.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jrsails

Nothing suggested in any forum seems to fix the invalid item problem for the Razor hd.  Is anyone at Amazon seriously pursuing this problem....from what I read it has been going on for a long long time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of ensuring your applications are working properly jrsails. Have you tried contacting Amazon support for further assistance? Is the data and voice on your phone working properly? To contact Amazon for further support, please click http://vz.to/IuglIP Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
stoneskipper42

I experienced this issue with one of the books on my kindle account. After clearing caches, rolling back versions and restarting a few times, I finally fixed the issue by selecting "Deregister this device" from the kindle app settings, then re-register it by restarting the app and signing into my amazon account again.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes