Re: KitKat Upgrade is horrible for Droid RAZR Maxx HD - Major issues - Horrible testing
Love2Travel73

I was thinking the same thing.  I don't like apple but my Maxx  doesn't even last through the day with barely any use.  Now this is the worst phone ever for me when before I could not live without it, the battery life was amazing.

0 Likes
Re: KitKat Upgrade is horrible for Droid RAZR Maxx HD - Major issues - Horrible testing
stef7
Master - Level 2

Unfortunately it's not just your Maxx that is suffering battery longevity issues. The KK update is a huge disapointment for many because of that one issue... Pile on all the other issues... Ouch.

0 Likes
jtlapp

I had said that behavior and performance improved after leaving my phone in safe mode for a week, but I have often been calling the wrong person since then. I just figured out why. The phone app will show me a name and photo of a person, I will hit dial, nothing will happen, so I hit dial again, and I get the wrong person. I had gotten used to having to hit the dial button twice, but this time I'm noticing that the phone number changes when I hit the dial button the first time, without the photo also changing. No wonder I keep calling the wrong person. The phone app is messed up.

0 Likes
Power10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contact Motorola. They will replace the phone with different model. Verizon

is useless at replacing these.

0 Likes
pdeck

Is this tested?

0 Likes
erikbgt

Glad I found this thread, I've been having awful battery life since the upgrade to the point that I need a charger around me constantly. I've done the factory reset before and not doing it again since there is nothing that can be done since it's not in "warranty". I'm thinking at this point maybe a BBB ticket / Motorola ticket is necessary?

Other than that has anyone been able to successfully downgrade back to jelly bean?

0 Likes
jtlapp

I am being asked to upgrade again. Has anyone installed the new upgrade? How's it working? The phone is being pretty insistent about upgrading. Upon saying "later," it forced me to set a reminder to do the upgrade.

0 Likes
br1990

Please help. My friend yesterday updated her phone and now her entire picture gallery was deleted. she has a Droid Razr Maxx HD. All of her other photos downloads, instagrams, photos from messaging are still intact, but the 900+ photos in my gallery are gone. she tried calling verizon help desk, but the person's only suggestion was powering off and back on, which did not work. Please help if you can - does anyone know how to recover these photos as it doesnt make sense that the update wouldve deleted them all permanently. Also she didnt manually back them up to google drive or anything like that but dont know if there is a way to get them off a sim card or something as another option? Please advise

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pictures are precious so I understand why you're concerned br1990. We're here to do everything we can to bring those pictures back to the phone. To clarify, this is on her phone correct? You mentioned her pictures are there but not in your gallery, can you please provide details on this? How did you add your gallery to her phone? Are all the albums unhidden?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
pdeck

I updated it hoping it would fix my Bluetooth/Wi-Fi error, and it almost

seemed fixed but it's not. Honestly I don't notice a difference.

0 Likes