KitKat Visual Voicemail Display
dcsang

After updating my Droid Razr Maxx HD to KitKat 4.4.2 the native Visual Voicemail application no longer displays the caller's name if the contact is stored with a "*82" prefix in the number.  This was not an issue prior to the KitKat update and the recent caller list displays the caller name without a problem.  Is it just me or can anyone else confirm this?  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: KitKat Visual Voicemail Display
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning dcsang! I understand your concerns regarding the way your phone works after latest software update. Manufacturers develop updates to improve phones' performance and it is normal for some features from previous software version to be removed and other feature to be added with each software update. Is your contacts' information displayed if you remove the *82 prefix?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
dcsang

Hello,

Yes, the contact name is properly displayed in Visual Voicemail if I remove the *82 prefix.  My number is private by default so I need the *82 prefix to allow friends and family to see my number.  It would be impractical to create additional phonebook entries without the prefix to "fix" the Visual Voicemail issue.  The recent caller list works fine with the *82 prefix and I think that VVM should do the same, considering that it was working fine prior to the update.

I installed the Verizon Visual Voicemail app from Google Play to see if it would be a good alternative to the native app but it is unable to establish a connection to Verizon to complete the setup.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcsang,

Thank you for the clarification! I definitely understand the importance in getting the contact to display correctly, especially as your number is private. At this time, the isn't a work around to have the contacts displayed correct with the new software update.

KarenC_VZWSupport

0 Likes
dcsang

It is not likely that Verizon will release an update anytime soon to resolve this.  Please suggest that your developers update the official Verizon VVM app, which is available from Google Play, to work with the Razr Maxx HD running KitKat.  VVM is a paid subscription that is now impractical to use.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcsang We absolutely want to make sure your VVM is fully functioning. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
dcsang

The alternative Verizon VVM app from Google Play installs but hangs on "Checking Account Status" after I agree to the EULA.  Eventually it times out with the message "Unable to establish connection to the mailbox".  I reinstalled multiple times.

When I was on Jellybean the Google Play Verizon VVM app would install but refuse to run after detecting that there was a native VVM app on the device and prompted me to uninstall.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcsang We are sorry to hear that you've had so many issues with VVM.  Have you tried to clear the app data and cache under settings? go to settings, app, all apps, vvm, tap the app and select clear cache, clear data and force close. then restart the device. Please retet and let us know if this helps.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
dcsang

I performed two Factory Data Resets since installing KitKat and also reset the app as suggested.  The problem persists.

0 Likes