Latest Android Update
Rein997
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Motorola Droid Razor M, I'm not having the same texting issues others are having. However I don't care for the way the new update changed my screens for the text messaging background, white now and it used to be black, makes the screen harder to read. They also changed the clock function when setting alarms, dumb looking. Why change something when they work fine! They also changed the contacts, all white again, not alphabet on the side, little quirks like these irritate me and others.

BTW, I tried to change the background back to black in the text messaging, but there doesn't seem to be an option.

Labels (2)
Re: Latest Android Update
Rein997
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW, I also just noticed that in text messaging there is longer a time indicated when text was sent. Why to go Motorola/Google!

0 Likes
Islandgirl87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  I hate the new update.  Before I could delete multiple texts now I have to delete them one by one, same goes for my call log.  And if they are going to change the background, at least give us some them choices to choose from.  I also had another messenger app downloaded on my phone that would show the text in a popup window if my phone was in sleep mode and now I can't use that.  I hope they make some changes it would be so nice!!!

0 Likes
Rein997
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it's too bad Google or Motorola doesn't confer with their users and likes and dislikes of their phones. Now Verizon gets stuck holding the bag and trying to fix the issues. I told a friend not to do the update, because of the bugs,.

0 Likes
angelam1029

I agree. The update is terrible, I spent over an hour on the phone after my Bluetooth capability vanished after the update. Still the bluetooth is nonfunctional, no one can fix. Supposedly can't reverse the update either. And why would anyone remove alphabetized letters from a contacts list??? So now you have to scroll up & down instead of starting at the letter you want. It's like a Rolodex without letter tabs. Texts can't be removed anymore more than one tedious text at a time. You used to touch & hold then select multiple ones to delete. Further, I turned the phone off three times before it stayed off rather than rebooting spontaneously. And the battery drain is ridiculous...I am now having to charge midday, & the only thing different is the update which you have no idea of what conveniences will be removed before you install it...it just harrasses you daily to install something you know nothing about. Very unhappy with this "upgrade", unhappy with Verizon, unhappy with Motorola. (Verizon called Motorola, saying it was Motorola's update. Motorola is now telling me to contact Verizon. Since I don't want to spend another hour-plus on the phone just to be told that, I stay with my non-Bluetooth phone that is, as of this morning, a total chore to use. I've had it over a year & loved it until today.)

0 Likes
David7861
Enthusiast - Level 3