Latest Update to Razr M breaks world phone
Tyranny76

I have a Droid Razr M that I purchased specifically because it is an unlocked world phone.  The most recent update to 98.18.94.XT907.Verizon.en.US has made the phone constantly ask whether I "want to roam on this trip" and the phone now thinks it is roaming even though it is connected through Ireland's 3 service and using 3's data - which is 20 euro a month unlimited data.  3 has looked at the phone and the APN settings are correct and all known other settings.  Prior to the update, it worked perfectly.

Any ideas?  What changed in the update that would break its function as a world phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Latest Update to Razr M breaks world phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Tyranny76,

I am sad to hear about the problems with your phone. When did you do the update. Are you currently our customer? Have you tried to do a hard reset on your device? http://vz.to/1ccfSpp Please keep us posted of the outcome.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Latest Update to Razr M breaks world phone
Tyranny76

I am still a Verizon customer and have 4 active phones.  The phone pulled the update in mid-November.

I have not done a hard reset, as that is a big pain in the neck.  Is this a known fix for this problem or just a shot in the dark?

0 Likes